Spray Covers fro Canoes | SouthernPaddler.com

Spray Covers fro Canoes

Zeb

Dec 18, 2006
Co.Durham England
Thanks Jack
Ive got the book on order.
I got a copy of canoeing and camping(beyond the basics) and have found it a very good read.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
I was talking with Cliff yesterday. Always an interesting guy.

I sure hope you get your sanity back before you paddle and camp with the Texas River Rat. I would hate to see some of the foolishness from your last conversation with that wayward Yankee (semi expert camper) rub off on him.

I say semi since he has no idea about camping in the south and thinks hammocks are a waste of time that only fools and idiots use. That is the impression I got while reading what he scribbles out as the gospel for camping. Found some better reading ... the Sunday Papers Funnies.

He might be an expert ( you know the definition of them) for camping up nawth but he has tunnel vision as far as camping anywhere else , like most Yankees .:twisted:

The Up Side..........
I do have to give credit to his idea about a covered canoe . That is pure Genius the way he worked it out. It is something I have saved in the back of my mind to do if I ever need to.

My problem is if I want to paddle a river in a covered canoe then I use one of my kayaks and a spray skirt. Lots of more maneuverability and security in the kayak in water where you want a covered boat then a canoe can offer.
Now for lazy rivers and rain protection in a canoe ... that makes sense to have everything covered.

Chuck.

Zeb

Dec 18, 2006
Co.Durham England
Now for lazy rivers and rain protection in a canoe ... that makes sense to have everything covered.

Perfect for the U.K. climate.
I prefer tarp and hammock camping when I havent got the family in tow :)
Great for a hike out in the woods surrounded by all them bed posts!!!!