Preview! | SouthernPaddler.com

Preview!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Matt

Just a quick observation on the Escape.

It would also make a great back water fishing boat ... ya know the type that a person has to actually carry back to a lake where the bass boats don't go.

Also was thinking it would be a good sneak boat for duck hunting, camouflage the deck and have a portable (custom made) duck hunting blind for a lot less then the already made plastic boats on the market.

Or as you intended just a fun boat for getting out on the water for some relaxation. :D

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Matt

Ya said ........ "I think a 11' or 12' version might be good for the "fluffier" paddlers" .............

Like fer Swampy :?: (Better do one at 21 feet)

He told me he is house bound due to the weather and is doing a lot of cooking , cookies , pies , cakes all the sweet stuff. :D I have had some of his cakes while out camping and if the ones he cooks up at home are just as good ..........WO BOY...... I just gained 3 pounds thinking about it. :lol:

Now knowing Swampy , like I do, I bet ya anything he is doing all of the cooking (baking) on his Zip stove out on the dinning room table.
The reason I think this is he really wanted to be up there with the gang camping and paddling so this way he can do what he wants and keep his talent for camp cooking (baking) up to snuff.

I will also bet anything while he is doing this KT (wolfy mamma) is not at home. :roll:

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Here are my thoughts on the Escape: I think that a small, decked canoe (Rob Roy like) is an ultimate solo boat for many activities.

At an OAL of 12' - 13', this would handle a fluffy paddler (say, 225#) plus 70 - 80 pounds of excess gear easily. With more length, maybe the vee keel could be less pronounced. The vee notch inside wouild make bailing and sponging easy, and provide a clean, dry ride.

This boat with no vee keel and a rudder would be very versatile. Day trips, fishing, bird watching, moose watching (as Draino, Bear's Buddy, Dapper Al, and I were doing last week), camping, training new paddlers, etc. are all well within the capacity of this hull. I'm thinking of going in that direction.

With a vee keel and a rudder, could it sail nicely?