Plano tool box | SouthernPaddler.com

Plano tool box

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Fellas,

On my last expedishun I seen a heap a gear organized better'n I ever figgered. The Summit College wildnerness group (48 kids with overseers) had them big blue plastic barrels plus big Plano tool boxes. http://www.planomolding.com/hardware/products.asp

They likely put a gasket in the lid of the Plano box, plus they drilled four holes fer eyebolts, two on each side. I reckon they put some anti-leak goop under the washers. They cut some thick bungee cord inta 15" strips 'n put a small loop (jest big enuff ta fit over the eye bolt) in each end. The bungee went over the top of the tool box (over the two plastic latches on each side). Purty dang secure.

Each box had a big number, so folks knew what wuz inside. They put duct tape on the barrels 'n wrote on the duct tape what wuz inside 'em. One sez "Day 3 breakfast 'n part of lunch". One sez "seasonings". One sez "Tuna". Not one barrel had "grits" on it. :?

regards
bearridge

I am not young enough to know everything. Oscar Wilde

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
nope....not gamma seal....these wuz big, blue barrels, likely 10 gallon....I seen 'em before, but bein' a geezer, I dont recall where, when, who had 'em 'er what wuz in 'em. I figger they lay them barrels down in the canoes.

....a college kin git a "grant" where ya send off fer some free money ta buy gear fer kids ta learn bout the rivers 'n mildew

when the free money shows up, ya buy high dollar tool boxes 'n big blue plastic barrels

wonder if they got any free money fer geezers? I got a dollar sez they do. :?