Pictures Disappear | SouthernPaddler.com

Pictures Disappear

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
Pictures Disappear
I need some tech knowledge about posting pictures. I use google photos for storage and organizing. When I need to post a picture, I move it from Gallery or photos to an app called Photo Resizer to resize the photo and post it to the forum from that app. This is workable BUT, many photos disappear from the forum. My best guess is that the forum uses a link to the posted photo and if I delete the photo from photo resizer, then it disappears from the forum. If this is the case how would the forum show the picture when my computer is off?
I am curious and looking for a simpler method to post pictures.
How do you post pictures???

Thanks, Andy

admin

Robin
Staff member
May 8, 2017
When you want to post a picture on the forum, simply click the "Insert Image Icon" when you are typing out the post.

after you select an image from your hard drive it will be inserted and you can drag the blue box in the corners to resize right there:

There is no need to resize the image yourself, the website will save a full copy onto our server to preserve forever and you can scale it down to your preferred size so it does not take up too much space.

In the past people used to host the images in third party services like photobucket, but once those services shut down years later, all the images get lost. To protect against that, a copy of all attached images are stored forever on our server automatically.

admin

Robin
Staff member
May 8, 2017
I don't think I addressed your concern that some images are disappearing for you. Perhaps if you send me an example of where that is happening, I can take a look for you.
If the photo was posted many years ago then most probably the images were lost on the previous forum software we were using that did not have the automatic photo saving/hosting feature built in. When photobucket.com (or something similar) shut down years ago, thousands of photos were lost on thousands of forums online.

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
:)Thanks for the quick responses. I have been living in the past and assuming I had to resize, probably the cause of my problem. Robin you answered my question fine, Google didn't! maybe I didn't ask google the right question.
Thanks for your help!

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014

This is a recent example. Don't chase it too long, I'll try it now knowing I dont need to resize.