People in the Mist | SouthernPaddler.com

People in the Mist

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
This is a story that has been rattling around in my mind for several years now. The places are real; Eric and I are real. I've paddled these waters. The rest is purely figment of my imagination. It is still in a tender state of development - unfinished. Enjoy.

Prologue
1.1. There it was again. I’ve been hearing it since just after dawn - like a drum roll, starting slowly, gaining speed, and ending in a furious cadence. The sound echoed around me, seeming to come from several points of origin, or maybe it was just one point. I couldn’t really tell with much certainty, just guess. It reminded me of the ghostly signaling device twirled on a rope by Australian Aborigines, and making an unearthly humming-buzzing-moaning sound of low frequency that traveled long distances. A thrumming sound was coming from not one direction, but from all around us – just as would a wolf’s howl,
1.2. “Grouse.â€Â

A

Anonymous

Friend Kayak Jack,

I thank you for sharin' that tale. I enjoyed the outline of things to come....kinda like when I wuz a little pardner 'n went down ta the Talisman Theatre. I liked the previews of the comin' shows way back then.

When I git stunned by a really fine tale, I tend ta keep quiet cuz I know my words gwine ta fall short. Its a good thing I dont stay stunned fer too long. :mrgreen:

Dont let this one set on the backside burner too long. I aim ta read the rest.

respectfully,

bearridge
bodine literary society

To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. Confucius

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jack

You make me wish I was there enjoying life like it should be.

I trust you are saving everything on a disk. You could have a best seller here when you are done. Just from this 1st part I would say it would make a fine book to sit back with and just enjoy at a leasure pace. Just like paddling.
Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
OK, I just edited it and added some in the middle. I have "supplementary characters" added for fleshing out later. Then I have to weave them into the plots.

Is THIS how James Michener started out?

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Keep going, Jack'n you will need will need one a them foty-graffer type to make pichers a you face fer the book jackets. Please send me a auty grafted copy.
Seriously, I like it.

Totally unqualified Literary critic and