October in Texas | SouthernPaddler.com

October in Texas

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Dangget Bear
I dont need another hobby and them big bores are just so neat, I have been wanting to build one for a long time.
Ron

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Ron,

Over the years, it seems the Texas airgunners host reglar gatherings in the spring. Some tent camp, more bring a pull behind or stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Often they bring the little pardners. They dont mind lettin' a visitor give one of their guns a try. They eat good.....but it IZ Texas. :wink:

Dont fergit we got Tom up on Buzzard Bluff. I dont know what he knows bout big bores, but he already fergot ten times more'n I know. Some good places to read the airgun chit 'n chat.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/

http://www.straightshooters.com/chat/

Quakenbush big bores. http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/bandit_1.html

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2007/05/ ... en-it.html

My computin' machine aint workin' too good today. I'll come back 'n add a few more spots later.

regards
bearridge
bodine rod 'n gun club

The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. Carroll Quigley

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I put some links to the main general airgun forums, then some links to big bore airguns. Dennis Quakenbush iz the only fella I have heard of makin' big bore airguns. There iz a heap a airgunners who dont care fer Dennis 'er any of the big bore sellers.....Sam Yang 'n some Korean big bores come ta mind. They dont like the big bore cuz they worry the Brady Bunch mite come after airguns when they see a big bore airgun 'n what it kin do.

regards
bearridge

ps There are links to other forums at the top of James Kitchings forum....one iz AMW forum....airgun metal works (where folks build parts).

You're never too old to do a thing until you say you are. Harry McDonald

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Bear
Those big bores intrigue me , and there history is fascinating, I have read everything I can find on this subject and if you come up on anymore links post them.
Thanks Ron

islandpiper

Yeah, that's it Bear, get everybody here wound up on JUST ONE MORE HOBBY. Let's see......we'll just move the archery stuff over here.....and the model airplane stuff over there......and the landscape painting stuff way up on the shelf.......and the leatherworking stuff can go out to the shed.....and my wife's sewing stuff...hmm.....it had better stay right there......sure......now, it's big bore airguns.

piper

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
They had big bore airguns back when Napoleon wuz givin' europe a hard time. Truthful Jack used ta call him "Leon". He would leave when Jack brung out the single malt. White wine sippin' little fellas bound ta meet a Waterloo sooner 'er later.

Folks took a dim view of the big bores way back then, cuz they wuz smokeless. Til the big bore airguns, if ya took a shot at anuther fella, they would see yer smoke. No smoke with a airgun.

I never read who brung the big bore on the Clark 'n Lewis trip ta the Pacific, but I know Jack tole 'em how they used 'em over ta France.....where the women dont wear no pants. Sorry......I wuz doin' purty dang good with the history.....stayin' close ta the topic 'n then that come out. Any French women readin' this, I know ya'll dont go round without no drawers. When I wuz a little pardner my Dad taught me that one. He played in a road house band up in Bufford Pusser country 'n they give "raunchy" a bad name.

Ron, I dont know what Tom knows bout big bore airguns, but it dont take much ta know more'n me. I dont think they are quiet, so yer backyard aint likely a good shootin' spot. I dont know how ya fill the chamber ta fling a big pellet downrange....scuba tank?

regards
bearridge
bodine rod 'n gun club

Pea: They’re gonna try sneaking up on us in the dark aint they Gus.
Gus: Taking a chance if they do, a couple a sharpshooters like us.
Pea: I aint no sharpshooter I usually miss if I aint got time ta take careful aim.
Gus: By god but it’s depressing to talk to you Pea.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I knew you fellas was talking about me behind my back when you had the subject of "Big Bore". I'm really quite an interesting fellow, ya know. You should call me the "Big Boar".

I'm surprised you didn't snicker about my Canadian lynx who follows me around, and gave me that bad reputation of snoring.

Leon wasn't such a bad a guy as history books make him out to be. He did have that odd habit of pinching one nipple as he talked, but his brandy was OK. He claims to have studied battle tactics by watching wolves go after deer herds. I expect that his "go around to the other side" stuff might come from Sun Yat Tsen too, but he wouldn't admit it.

He taught that Konfederate fella to "get thar fustest with the mostest", 'cept Leon never woulda talked that corny like a movie. He thought it sounded too much like Pat Buttram.