No Kayaks Today | SouthernPaddler.com

No Kayaks Today

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
TxRiverRat and I went on a little walk-in fishing trip today.We walked into a spot on the Brazos that has been good to us in the past. It is about a mile walk and is just a little grown up at the moment.

Falls005.jpg

We got there about 11:00 this morning and gathered up some bait, put some poles out and got to relaxing.

Falls004.jpg

I like this section of the river. the water is up just a little so it is off colored right now.

Falls002.jpg

Falls003.jpg

Used my rifleman pack today. It will carry just about anything you want it to.

Falls008.jpg

Falls001.jpg

Fishing was a little slow but we managed a nice mess of Channel and Blue Cats.

Falls006.jpg

Falls011.jpg

Of course I had to make they were alright to eat. I fried up a couple of fillets and the the backbones of the two larger fish. There is a lot of meat on backs that people usually waste.

Falls012.jpg

Falls014.jpg

caddepa

Aug 27, 2003
New Jersey
Thanks for the report and pics. Always encouraging to read a (successful) fishing report :)

I often use the backbones as a fish stock for soup/stew; boil until the meat flakes off, and the bones certainly add a distinctive flavor.

You seem to have had that little river "honey hole" all to yourself. Good idea to putting up those NO TRESPASSING
signs 8) Keeps out the nosey tourists :twisted:

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
t rat and darrel look like you guys got some good relaxing in. :D i was thinking like jack i thought a cat got hold of them bones. :shock: :mrgreen: those leftover pieces of meat or ones on the bone make some fine catfish stew. :wink: