My Greenland Paddle | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

My Greenland Paddle

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
How do you like the peddle drive? Is it really faster?
My Greenland paddle was also 8'. It worked best for me when I used a shallow entry at a steady/brisk pace. Not a bad paddle, just not best choice for me.

dawallace45

Beekeeper, I like the peddle drive very much , unfortunately I only had it a year before my left knee went and had to be replaced, it was bone on bone , took a year before I could get surgery on it and then they told me not to use my peddle kayak for a year and a half after replacement , by then I had the cough and could no longer drive

Yeah it is fast , I could cruise along at a easy pace and be going faster than I would normally paddle , great for fishing , my hands are free to work my rods , have to slow down a bit for trolling most times , I would not say what the peddle drive is enormously faster than the paddle just that at nice easy peddling pace I was going faster than I would normally paddle , I have how ever paddled against another guy with a hobie outback but he was using the higher performance turbo fins and me the standard ones and he was significantly faster than me

I always held the Greenland paddle low for a few reasons , it did seem suited to a low angle of approach and that meant less strain on my shoulder and less wind profile

David

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Late posting this, but I made another "Greenland Paddle". Not sure why other than I had the board and it was started befor I tried the first one.
IMG_4395.JPG
IMG_4393.JPG