More Paddles | SouthernPaddler.com

More Paddles

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
Just couldn't quit. Made these last month. Two for the Grandchildren with pictures under glass, One Standup Paddle, and Two Bent Shaft Paddles.....

Paddle-collection-for-Websi.jpg

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
Mornin';
8) very nice. You could also try pyrography instead of the photos. Portraits come out very well. If your worried, try "stippling" with the woodburner. It has an awesome effect that adds alot of depth, it's also very forgiving. :wink: Here's part of a kayak deck I'm working. This is all Stippling (dots......lots and lots of dots....)
jackdaniels.jpg

....give it a try. ....you'll love it.

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
Very Nice work. How do you transfer a pattern for something like that? I am terrible at freehanding anything other than a crooked line. :lol: Just started burning a few flamingos on my new paddles but haven't done any burning since I was a teenager and that was a few years ago.....

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I'm glad you asked about that pattern transfer, Buck. My art career peaked in the third or fourth grade when I finally learned how to draw stick figures. Been going down hill since then.

How DO we Xfer?

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
Transfer of Patterns

I did have to find some carbon paper, almost impossible with the computer age and copiers. Just lay the pattern on top and use a ball point pen, the kind with a roller so it doesn't tear the pattern. Either that or put the board in your printer and hit Print :twisted: LOL.....

Thanks for the info Paddlin4reds....

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
Mornin';
OK, for you "pyro"heads. Sorry, it's not a paddle (but you've peaked my interest). Here's the rear deck of the kayak I've been workin' on. Hopefully it doesn't offend anyone. I realize most of you don't partake in a sip of a fine Whiskey........ :oops:
no_7.jpg
[/img]

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
Mornin';
:oops: Sorry Bears Buddy. ....I can only imagine peoples reaction, when they see a "Black Whiskey Barrel theme Kayak" comin' down the river. :shock: ........He He :twisted: ....wanna guess what will be in my flask :wink:

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
P4R's, I hope you pass the flask if I ever meet up with you! I'm guessing it has gentelmen's or single barrel in it of course. I also like a good single malt like The Macalan in my flask.

Nice work on the kayak! 8)

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
P4R
I do beleive that I saw that same Yak someplace else a good while back. Can't remember where but when I saw it I was blown away. Incredable amount of work. It is still awsome to loook at. Just can't remember where I saw it.
Bob

Bilgerat

May 10, 2006
Texas!
www.bilgerat.net
A good way to transfer a pattern is to use a laser printer or copy machine to make a reverse image of your artwork. (It MUST be a toner based machine, not an inkjet!) Then, use your wife's clothes iron to transfer the image from the paper to the wood. Practice on a scrap first.

Mike

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
paddlin4reds said:
Mornin';
:oops: Sorry Bears Buddy. ....I can only imagine peoples reaction, when they see a "Black Whiskey Barrel theme Kayak" comin' down the river. :shock: ........He He :twisted: ....wanna guess what will be in my flask :wink:

My guess would be something other than strawberry Kool-Aid :lol: