Me and Rob went Fishing last night. | SouthernPaddler.com

Me and Rob went Fishing last night.

Rob doesn't have a kayak or canoe, so we can't usually get to my little honey hole, but around 7:00pm last night, we had a last minute wild hair to go fishing/camping. Was all I could do to navigate up the creek before it got too late, and as such- we went with whatever was immediatly at hand. I had my pack in the boat, with hammock, but he just had his blue Mora, and slept on the ground. True spur of the moment thing. Didn't even have a flashlight, so everything was done with worms and my little Infinity light, and whatever was already in the boat. Both had poles, plus two set hooks and my short Trotline. Only caught six, but one was at 10 lbs. Also saw wood ducks, geese, a moccassin, and beavers. Also there was a new lodge since my last visit. That in itself was cool, but the nice surprise was that there were litlun's inside, as we poked around and listened to them for a bit. Sure beat sitting at the house.

08BeaverLodge-01.jpg

08BeaverLodge-02.jpg

08Mugler-01.jpg

08Catfish-01.jpg

08Catfish-02.jpg

08Mugler-03.jpg

08Mugler-02.jpg

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Thanks Bootlegger. How bout them skeeters? They been on us like white on rice. Nice cat. Did ya'll fry 'em up? Rob never tried ax murder, rite? :lol:

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
we may have to organize a trip up to Fitzgerald Ga. and do some limblining for flatheads on the Ocmulgee. I know the river up there. Not sure I know the locals well enough. Them boys up there see florida tags and smile :shock: But for a 100 pounds of catfish ( fillets) in a weekend, it might be worth it again 8)