Marsh Pirogue (almost) | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Marsh Pirogue (almost)

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Made a new seat for this boat. It is lower and some what different than my usual chair. The boat has gone to a new owner so I will have to wait for a report on how it works.
IMG_5642.JPG

I made the base similar to the bench in the kids pirogue. The seat came from Academy Sports and was less than $10.
Felt pretty comfortable when just using it on the ground. I probably will use it again for future boats.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
We have the plastic chairs on the back patio and I drilled two small drain holes in the rear portion of the seat for drainage. In a rain they become a small , posterior , soaking pool. They are comfortable and almost indestructible should make a great boat seat.

Some old time history and those plastic seats.
A long time ago ( early 60's ) I got a 47 Chevrolet pickup truck from a friend. It was sitting in his orange grove and he said I could have it if I dragged it away. Thanks to Dads tractor and a logging chair we got it home. Dad and I changing the gas and oil then we adding a battery and checked the wireing , it started right up for us.
The seat was wrecked ( Critters got to it ) so I removed the seat and used two of the plastic lawn chairs. Cut the legs to fit inside the truck and at the right height. Took the doors and reversed them so they swung back the the read renders opening the cab up. Added split rims ( 6 inch inserts ) and wide tires it made a great sand / beach and off road buggy. I had that truck for many years and finally sold it to a car junk yard owner. He wanted it to cut the bed down ( bob it ) and put a torch and tanks in the back and to use in his junk yard.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Thanks for the reminder. It has been 40+ years since I had these kind of seats. Guess I forgot about the wet bottom.