Latest leather project | SouthernPaddler.com

Latest leather project

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Did a quick project for a friend's little mouse gun.

100_0511.jpg

100_0513.jpg

North American Arms 5 shot single action revolver in 22 Magnum. Very well made pistol. Fit and finish is on par with some of the big name manufacturers.

Pros : small and easy to conceal

Cons : 1. You have to remove the cylinder to load and unload. 2. It has about a 15# single action trigger! Not a target pistol.

Joey

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
seedtick said:
nice

reckon that 15 pound pull is to keep you from shooting yourself in the leg when you bring it in a saloon

The 15# trigger and the fact that the trigger is only about 3/8" long. Shooting yourself in the leg would have to be an accident - you probably COULDN'T do it on purpose. :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I had one like that , carried it in a case made for glasses , no one ever knew it was there. :D

Did not like the 5 shot ( reloading was a PITA ) or the trigger pull so it was traded for a Walther (380) Stainless PPK. Lot easier to hold , better trigger pull , a darn site more accurate , and reloading , a snap... Down side ... Harder to conceal. :lol:

Found a cure for the concealing of it , a pocket holster for it and no one can tell it is in the pocket in a ( upright ) ready to draw position.

Chuck.

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Chuck, that Walther was definitely a trade up. I'm sure you've heard people turn up their noses at using a .380 for self defense. It's plenty enough gun if you put the bullet in the right place. You're more apt to have it with you instead of leaving a bigger gun at home.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Placement is the key and with Hollow Points , even better. Plus the ones I got are harder hitting , more punch for the buck. :lol: They kick the punching power of the 380 up a few notches.

Sort of like the stuff I used in the S&W Model 66 , 357 mag... They increased the stopping power of it to a 44 cal but not the penetration threw 6 six wall's a 44 will do. The rounds ( 357) we used would destroy/shred a really thick phone book but not go anywhere else. Same thing with a body.

I'm sure the placement would be good since I was one of the original 5 members on the Sheriff's Pistol team. They did not ask me to be on there because I missed the target. :roll: Plus I trained a lot of guy's in there use of a handgun and the proper way to use it and hit what you want for a lot of years. ( all of that was off duty at a range I had to use)

By the way , if you get proficient at it and know your weapon , sights are as useless as tit's on a Boar Hog from the 25 yard line back , the 50 one if you are really good. Since most fire fights are from 2 yards to 4 ... or so .... why sight it , just do the natural thing.... point.

Been using guns all my life and I know how to use them for the reason we have them. Life , Liberty and the pursuit of wild game for supper. :lol:

Chuckles.......

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Kayak Jack said:
I used the sights to shoot beer cans at 100 yards. Hit'em average of 2 out of 10 rounds. Had LOTS of targets to spare.

I can hit 'em every time at 100 yards ........ Oh, beer CANS not beer KEGS .............. uuhhhhh............never mind. :)