Just One Moment - there | SouthernPaddler.com

Just One Moment - there

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
It is free standing if you add another rod running over the roof lengthwise. I don't see much advantage to that. Normally, you spike in a stake at one end, pull the tent taught, and put a second stake at the other end. The tent is then up. The side guys would add stability in wind; I'll find out how much breeze it takes to have those two side guys be useful.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
The tent arrived, and I like it. It is a single wall that spreads wide around a centrally mounted, waterproof pan for sleeping (a large bed pan, I guess :wink: ). The area in between the sleeping pan and outside wall is sealed off with no-seeum screening. This is a good idea as a general architecture for light weight tents, and Henry Shire (Owner of Tarptent Company in Grass Valley CA) uses it for several other models.

There are zippered doors through both the outer, waterproof wall and the inner bug proof wall. There is sheltered storage area enough for a back pack. It doesn't need a rainfly, but all tents greatly benefit from having a covered area for entry/exit, cooking & eating, working, and (of course) lounging.

I can recommend his tents.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jack........

That has to be a good solo design since there are several others out there who have a design close to it if not the same or he has the same as theirs , no one knows for sure , which came 1st.

Please , No cornball jokes about the Chicken or the Egg.... :roll:

Chuck.
PS. The one from Go-lite , a person would need a 2nd montage to get it.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
YEP........

Up in your area where a heat wave is something over 70 degrees a tent of any description is nice. I do really like that design you settled on , it is one nice one for a solo person and could be used down here but a hammock is a lot better for actual comfort.

Down here where the not so comfortable temp might be in the upper 80's or lower 90's at night ( Never mind the day time temps since they get in the triple digits ) A hammock is the best bet for comfort , relaxation and cooling if possible , providing you are not camping at the local motel.

As they say , Location , Location.