It starts | SouthernPaddler.com

It starts

old_bushie

Jan 12, 2008
Pt Augusta Sth Australia
well The plans arrived in the mail tuesday and I was busy looking at em. I started lofting them yesterday and finished today (sheet 1 anyhow :D ).
Went to start cutting ithem out and not a sharp jigsaw blade in the place. Went to the excuses for hardware stores here with no joy so in the morning I'll head over to the joinery and hope. Really don't want to do the main cutting by hand as the old arthritus kicks in and takes out all the fun. Still no good whinging about it so I'll get to it in the morning.
Pete

old_bushie

Jan 12, 2008
Pt Augusta Sth Australia
nah I just cut em out with me jap hand saw all nice and neat and didn't take all that long :D
Now I have a heap of honeydo stuff and a couple pens to make for special orders (pays for me habits) so I'm resting up for now.
I kinda like doing hand sawing its relaxing and pretty quiet too allows me to listen to me music :lol:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I concur on the Japanese hand saw. Santa brought me a new one.

I bend off the two, outer-end corners so the teeth are exposed on the ends (rip on one side, crosscut on the other). This way, I can start a cut in the middle of a board or piece of plywood.

Clever people, these Japanese!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
hairymick said:
Just messin with ya Oz,

I feel the same way as Joey about the distinction between hand made and home made. :D

I agree with Mick.... They are neither hand made or home made they are custom made ( crafted ) by the builder , craftsman , to his satisfaction and the way he wants them.

Only a fool would call them home made or hand made except if he wants to embarrass or belittle the builder.

A home never made anything , it is a place where people live , hands create things with the aid of tools but it is the persons thoughts , dreams , wishes and desires that craft it into what they want. :D

That equals a custom made boat built by that person with tools of his choice or , for better words , a personal crafted boat.

Lets find a different subject to dwell on , this petty one has been run into the dirt , way into the dirt and if this is all that can be discussed on here then we are in a deep pile of CHIT and posting just to post something :twisted:

Chuck.
Keep this thought in your mind ... It is not the quantity of your posts that count ... it is the quality of your posts that count.