100_1171.jpg

100_1172.jpg

Don't know why i just like lots of room and it is real stable for fishin
Joe

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
To Continue
Val thought I needed somthing bigger for all the food I was plannin on taken next Month to the St. Mary. She thinks I should have enough for a month on the river. Can't figure her out. I just said I wanted to take a farly large cooler. She must of thought it was for food. I figure spam and fish steaks in lusiann hot sause and coffee should take care of food. Need my cool drinks in the cooler. May have to put some viena weinees in the pack for back-up
Joe

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Lazyriverguy said:
To Continue
I figure spam and fish steaks in lusiann hot sause and coffee should take care of food. Need my cool drinks in the cooler. May have to put some viena weinees in the pack for back-up
Joe

Yep , what more would anyone want on a river trip , silly people , they actually think we eat out there. :roll:

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Joe....

Since you plan on using the transporting special ( the floating 18 wheeler ) for the north woods and all parts in between does that mean.

1... You are bringing your grill.
2... You are bringing your Dutch Oven.
3... The coffee pot that makes all that good coffee.
4... Some ( cold ) beverages for yourself. The weather might just keep them as cold if we hit the season right. The ice will last all of the trip. :lol:
5... I should not ask this ..... but...... Even your bed roll an Hammock. :roll:

Or are you going to do that with the Grumman just to drive Harry Nut's. Or have you figured out there will not be that much paddling and more camping during the trip and just want to make sure nothing is left behind. Even the Porty Potty.... "O"Opps' Harry brings that ... Sorry about the slip up.
But as everyone knows the job is never done till the paper work is completed. :oops:

"O" By the way I noticed the canoe seat you have for paddling the Grumman .... It sure looks like you are going to relax on the water and do you mind if we wake you up in the evening for supper at camp and then you can hit the hammock. Or would you prefer to just say where you are.
I promise ( almost ) that I will make Mac behave, No guarantees about me. :p

Chuck.
Yep.. This is shaping up to be one trip for the record books. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Chuckles
Yep I figure ol Harry deserves to have another Grumann in the fleet of boats on the trip. This way I can insure that I have as many pieces of lugzury to enjoy. It looks like this should be one of those trips in a life time so I want to make certain I have all that I need to enjoy it.
To answer your questions. Yes my tripod is ready, coffee pot full and packed, cooler aready chillin, got me some really nice peices of beef that have volenteered to go. Goin to the meat store this week to find just the right slab "O" beef for some jerky, lookin at stuff in the can food line to round it all off. Found fish steaks in luzianne hot sauce on sale think Val bought a case fer me. I think she is about as excited about me leavin as I am about goin. Could be some sort of plot here??????????? But I was foolin with the boat the other day just to see how much stuff it will hold. Should be plenty of room for me to walk around and still fish and paddle. I tried it here on the movin water yesterday, loaded and went up stream about 2.5 miles in less than 1 hour so goin down stream should be fairly easy.
Joe

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
2.5 MPH...UP STREAM :shock: ... Jeezzz , with you traveling at more then that speed going down stream.

When you find a nice sand bar set up camp , gather the firewood , put supper on , mix a few drinks ( No ice ... Yet , that is for when we get there) and we should be there in a hour or two. :lol:

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Lazyriverguy said:
That was a test wont be doin it agin unless I have to. I am payin for it today can't hardly move.
some times iam not tooo bright
Joe

OK..

Joe that will not get you any sympathy nor will it have any of wanting to tow you down the river on the trip. UNLESS ... there is a lot of good stuff in the canoe and then it would be a crime to leave it behind. I guess if you were in the canoe we would have no choice but to have you stay in the canoe. Only for the purpose of making sure none of the gear in the canoe vanished before we got to camp. Especially with all the stuff you already have packed for the trip. :lol:

My food locker is packed and ready. "O"pp's have to get a few more cans of Vienna's ( Had Chinese for supper last night and got a big handful of those hot mustard packs before leaving the place. ) Hot mustard and hot sauce , two necessities in life. :D

Don't need anymore of the hot sauce , already cleaned out the local Taco Bell's supply. Might have to hit a fast food fish joint for the packs of Lemon Juice , running low on them. :roll:
Now if I can just remember which fast food joint had those packs of the pickle relish I will be set on the condiments for camping.

Chuck.
"O" By the way it looks like you are getting to GEEZER Status. :p :lol: :wink:

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
UPDATE ON THE GRUMANN BARGE!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just informed that next Monday afternoon I shall be dropped off at the HWY 40 puttin point with my solo grumann and gear. I will be out over night on the lovely Ocklawaha river to test the fit of the boat and to insure I am able to git down river with out problems. If I do indeedy-do make it through the trip safely Miss Val has informed me that I will be able to take the Barge to the ST. Marys river fest with the Wonderful fellas that have given permission for me to accompany them.

PS in other words I finally talked Val into lettin me go campin. HORAY
Joe
Pics to follow from the trip

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Lazyriverguy said:
UPDATE ON THE GRUMANN BARGE!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just informed that next Monday afternoon I shall be dropped off at the HWY 40 puttin point with my solo grumann and gear. I will be out over night on the lovely Ocklawaha river to test the fit of the boat and to insure I am able to git down river with out problems. If I do indeedy-do make it through the trip safely Miss Val has informed me that I will be able to take the Barge to the ST. Marys river fest with the Wonderful fellas that have given permission for me to accompany them.

OK.. You turncoat ..... I thought you were going to paddle the St. Mary's River with us and now you say you are going with some other folks. Ever some .. Gag , Choke , Gasp ... nice folks.
Jeez and here we were being kind to you thinking you would want to go with us , this is a gloves off boxing match if we catch up with you on the river , we have ways of taking care of Traitors. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe , have a grand time on the river ( Ocklawaha) , I know you will , but I had to say it anyway.

Chuck.
PS. They say the weather will be cooing down some on Monday and with the moon shinning up above. Good camping weather. :D

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Good Morning Chucky
Well it is on I am going out on the Ocklawaha today. Val thinks it is kinda nutty but I am goin any way. Tonights temps for the area are suppose to be in the low 40's to high 30's. Should tell me if my gear is ready for the St. Marys trip. Also goin to tell me if the barge is manageable in the breeze. Gonna be a slight breeze today and a little stonger in the Morning. Have another nut that says he is gonna go along with me. This is his first trip over night but he wants to learn. Some lessons have to be done trial and error. I will be takin me camera along so I should {if I can hold my hand still} be gettin some pics of the trip.
Joe

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
To stay warm here tonight I cooked up a big pot of Chili the way it was made to be.... HOT , Spicy and good.

Fortunately the pot did not melt nor the silverware we used to eat it with but it sure is an internal warmer........ I wish you the same thing tonight while camping in this cold weather. I'm sure (Knowing you that you are doing just as good or better )

It is a grand night here in the land of heat and humidity for what you are doing.... both are just memories right now due to this lovely cooler marvelious camping weather. :D

Looking forward to a report when you get back and I know you are not reading this since you are on the river at this time .....having a grand time...... :D

Chuck.