I am ruined | SouthernPaddler.com

I am ruined

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Got bored working on hatches for my new boat , so I decided to run out to a local lake chunk some plastic for a bass. I had my little heritage hanging on the wall I loaded it grabbed a coke and off I went.
Once I got on the water and fished for about an hour ( couple bites but no fish) I started to realize how much more comfortable the new boat was my legs were free in it to move paddled so much easier and straighter Might have to sell the little heritage I am spoiled after just a couple trips.
IM001187.jpg

Like I said I am ruined

islandpiper

Hey buddy, great boat and looks like you had fun. Your picture brings up an interesting point, and one which might bring out some healthy discussion.

Your paddle's blades are flat, lined up. When I kayak I like to turn mine at 90-degrees. When I use my pirogue I set them flat......

Anyone else have ideas or preferences?

If you have been following the PADDLEMAKING forum you have seen my posts telling that I am about to make an assembled double paddle. This is because my aluminum and plastice kayak paddle was cracked in many places by a little bit of minus 35-Degree F. weather in the UP. Still useable but not dependable.

Looking forward to the polite arguments on this one.

Cheers, Piper

islandpiper

Wannabe, no reason to call me MISTER, I work for a living.

Pondering your comment about the .32 Mag.....hmm...explain?

I think the paddle thing relates to seat elevation relative to the water level perhaps and more probably because in the yak i paddle at a regular cadence and notice the wind resistance on the high blade......in the pirogue I paddle slower and not nearly as regular as it does not track like a yak.

make sense?

Piper......just Piper, No Mr.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Piper
I am afraid that I mispoke. Mag should have not been on the comment on the .32 revolver. :oops: The little .32 is much fun to shoot. Light recoil and very accurate. Much fun. :D
Bob