How do you get the pirogue to the water? | SouthernPaddler.com

How do you get the pirogue to the water?

kee41

Jul 25, 2005
Mary Esther Florida
Well I finished the pirogue and have abused it beyond all expectations. It has become a deadly speckeled trout machine! Unfortunately getting it to the water has about wore this old body apart! I now have a pinched nerve on my neck and can't lift the thing all the way to the water. I have seen wheel racks for sale (at unreasonable prices). Any suggestions? I can't go an entire weekend without being in this thing!

Kelvin

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
If you are talking about from the vehicle to the water. I made one of these and they are nice.
http://www.clcboats.com/shoptips/shoptips_cart.php

If you are talking about from the garage to the top of the vehicle ... Harrymick has a nice set up for loading his boats...wheels and all... Send an Email or with some luck he might post a picture and instructions on how to make it on here.

MICK ... WAKE UP , We have a paddler who needs your imput. :D

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Kelvin,

Mary Esther brings back a heap a good memories. One time when I wuz drivin' home frum Destin, I swung out 'n took that gulf highway thru the guviment park....all the way ta Pensacola. I hate ta start thinkin' bout all the roads I didnt take. I recall Destin when it only had that one oletime grocery store with the brown lettuce....rite next ta the oletime post office.

Opps....sorry. I went ta digressin' before I even got started. I like Truthful Jack's advice on the big tires. Near bout everthin' I ever bought with small tires made me sorry. Frum time ta time I think I'd like ta have a cart. Wally World haz some 8-12" tires......so does the Home Depot 'n Lowes.

Sorry bout yer neck
bearridge
shade tree medikle clinic

Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master. unknown high school student

Eichhornia

Sep 22, 2006
Florida
So this...thing is something that you take with you too, to get the boat from the car to the water, right? Not just from the garage to the car?

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Hi Kim

I cant find the piccies of my loading roller system but here are a couple of the trolly I use to cart my loaded boats from the car to the water and back.

Once there, the whole thing comes apart in a moment and folds flat so I can take it with me in the boat. (saves unecessary trips back and forth to the car.)

mermaidsailtrolley002Small.jpg

mermaidsailtrolley001Small.jpg

mermaidsailtrolley003Small.jpg

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Question???

What are the cross pieces made out of???

Kahuna {:O)

oldsparkey said:
If you are talking about from the vehicle to the water. I made one of these and they are nice.
http://www.clcboats.com/shoptips/shoptips_cart.php

If you are talking about from the garage to the top of the vehicle ... Harrymick has a nice set up for loading his boats...wheels and all... Send an Email or with some luck he might post a picture and instructions on how to make it on here.

MICK ... WAKE UP , We have a paddler who needs your imput. :D

Chuck.