Clicky

HAPPY. NEW. YEARS

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
What a handsome guy in the picture. That canoe is a masterpiece of craftsmanship. "O" wait , that's me , and the slapped together canoe. o_O:D

Yep , You did some serious dusting of old picture files to locate that picture.
Thanks David , that made me smile.

Chuck.

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
Yes , it was a Peterborough style made from 1/8 inch door skins. Glassed inside and outside with 3.25 tight woven glass.
If memory serves me that was in 2004 on the St Marys River.
I learned a lot about lightweight building from your discussions
Yes , it was a Peterborough style made from 1/8 inch door skins. Glassed inside and outside with 3.25 tight woven glass.
If memory serves me that was in 2004 on the St Marys River.
I learned a lot about building lightweight from your discussions building it. Thanks for posting. Have you ever thought about writing a post about lightweight techniques?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
" Have you ever thought about writing a post about lightweight techniques? "
I tried to include the different steps in my build reports. Most of all I believe in epoxy saturating the wood and then glassing it all the way around , inside and outside. I'm sure this one will be familiar.........Since it always causes a lot of replies.
Building a light weigh boat is like making a Peanut Butter Sandwich. The door skins ( or any 1/8th inch wood ) is the Peanut Butter. Totally fiber glassing the boat becomes the two slices of bread. Can't have one without the other.

• Wow
Reactions: oldbuffpilot