Good and bad day | SouthernPaddler.com

Good and bad day

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Well this was a sad but good day for us.
Several weeks ago a friend Greyloon (he lurked on this forum) was found dead on Lake Conroe, he was doing what he loved had a full stringer of catfish , in his new wenona solo canoe and on the water. Apperantly he had a heart attack. He was not an old geezer just 57.
This weekend we had a get together at the Falls on the Brazos a place he really loved, his wife and 2 sons came up and sent Jerry on his finall trip down the Brazos . One of my friends commented that Jerry was going to make the trip to the gulf before I did.
This weekend was dedicated to Jerry and remembrance of his contributation to the paddling world.

We also did a 5 mile paddle on the Brazos and had a ball a little fishing lot of folks paddled the Cuda,just a relaxed day enjoying friends and then we got to the fun part the last mile before you get to the Falls is solid rock shelf, made me think of Jack, The Cuda drug bottom once , now them plastic sit on tops didnt fare so well , they must be contrary critters because the guys wound up leading them most of the way :lol:
There were a lot of folks looking at the wood yak after walking that far :lol: .
We sat around the campfire visited and remembered a good friend
Ron

Jerry keep your lines tight your powder dry will miss you my friend.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I wish Jerry the best trip of ever.

He reminds me of my father from what you said.
When dad passed away he wanted his ashes taken over to Turn Bull Creek where he liked to fish. From there it is out into Mosquito Lagoon , the intercostal waterway and then the Atlantic.

Dad's philosophy was that his ashes would feed the small critters that the others eat and then on up to what the fish eat so he would be a part of that chain so others would enjoy what he did all his life.
Go Fishing.

My hat's off to Jerry , he had to be one hell of a sportsman.

Chuck.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Here is a pic of part of the boats.
Ron
Picture3651.jpg