Glue for Float Bag installation | SouthernPaddler.com

Glue for Float Bag installation

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
Can someone recommend a glue that should be carried by local merchants for gluing vinyl attach points to a Royalex canoe. If I have too I will order but the extra charge for shipping is pretty steep.

Thanks

islandpiper

I'd use (tradename) Goop.......available in regular and Marine formulas. This stuff was made for the shoe industry first and then got into tubes. After Katrina the canvas awning in front of my store was opened at several sewn seams. I lapped the fabric and glued it with Marine Goop and the parts I glued are still glued. I only fell off the ladder once.

Piper

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
I glue stuff in the boats with a 2 part epoxy. Works damn good. Try Lowe's hardware section.

How much do ya need and how soon do ya need it? :wink: :roll:

I'm betting gorilla glue would work too from what I have seen of the stuff.

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
Glue

Thanks for the suggestions. Will give it a test try tomorrow. Only gluing two d rings on and tried PVC cement but that didn't seem to work... Like I always say, "ask the experts"

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Franke,

Here iz the NOC store page with Vyna Bond. Call the toll free number 'n ask 'em how much pain ta ship it. Seems the USPS kin handle it fer less than a dollar.....but I reckon they need somethin' fer their time.

http://wapurl.co.uk/?TYDCPM9

regards
bearridge

ps Search Vyna Bond fer retail stores. Mebbe ya will drive by one soon? :wink: