Freedom swims are sinks tomorrow | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Freedom swims are sinks tomorrow

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Ron
When I was a kid in the mid 50's we lived in Lake Jackson. My Dad and his buddy had a little old aluminum boat and the 2 families would go downriver in that little overloaded boat to the left side of the mouth of the Brazos and camp out. Just had ro watch out for rattlers around the driftwood. Pleasent memories. When you make the trip keep a journel so you can let us know about it. My Dad worked for the Corps of Idiots on the Brazos River floodgates on the intercostal for years.
Bob

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Wannabe said:
My Dad and his buddy had a little old aluminum boat and the 2 families would go downriver in that little overloaded boat to the left side of the mouth of the Brazos and camp out. Just had to watch out for rattlers around the driftwood. Pleasant memories.
Texans....ya gotta love 'em. :wink:

regards
bearridge
born in Texas

English gentleman visiting Texas: Pardon me, but could you perhaps tell me where I might locate your master?
Cowboy: That sumbitch aint been born yet.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Bob
I lived in Jones Creek then Freeport right where the old mouth of the river was cut off for a ship channel about the same time as you I think we moved from there in 1958
And your right bear he ain't been born yet
:twisted:
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
jack
in 58 dow chemical controled the whole area around freeport they had a strike and slowed way down. lot of folks left about that time
we couldn't be bro not another man around ugly as me world woundn't stand it.
ron

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Ugliness transcends godliness in Texas, I guess.

It has been interesting, though, to watch and read as different guys on here have established new - or discovered pre-existing - links. Quite a few friendships have grown and blossomed on here.

Course, then, there's Oldus Yakus Eyetallyunicus, for whom no one apologizes. We just sadly shake our tossled (or, bald, as the case may be) heads.