For Hurricane Info...... | SouthernPaddler.com

For Hurricane Info......

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Piper San - Chuck is allergic to sites that post tidal charts. He still uses the one from a 1947 Wheaties box. Worked then, it'll work now!

Gotcha, Chuckie. I still wonder how we ever got the tide turned around. sigh

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Piper San - Chuck is allergic to sites that post tidal charts. He still uses the one from a 1947 Wheaties box. Worked then, it'll work now!

Gotcha, Chuckie. I still wonder how we ever got the tide turned around. sigh

Jezeeeeeee , we use Tide in the washer and the chart says to add it to the wash not the dryer cycle. :lol:
As far as the other tide , Nature makes it change (roughly ) every 6 hours from high to low then 6 more from low to high.

You put boats in at 10:00 AM at low tide ( actually at the ebb between low and high ) expect an incoming tide till 6 hours later ( 4 PM.) when it reverses itself , besides some exercise is good for a person and it makes Mother Nature laugh at you.
Park rules , we had to be on the water in the morning or it would be a no go and more meals at the Road Kill Cafe'. :mrgreen: That thought made me go against the tide , at lease it is a natural occurrence unlike dinning at the Road Kill Cafe' or Susie's and they are the good :roll: places.

Chuck.
Time and Tide wait for no man , even those who sleep in. :D