first week | SouthernPaddler.com

first week

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
well just came back out from the river swamp on a camping / hunting spree. went Monday me and wife she stayed till Thursday and had to come out I came out today. Monday eavening had an 8 pt come up behind me and to my right couldn,t get a shot I believe another guy that was hunting in the swamp where I was had spooked it ? went Tuesday morning shot that spike around 8:45 am. after that it rained a slow rain rest of the day and part of the night. good sleeping when it raining on tarp and tent. caught a mess of specs fried them up was good. fried some of that good ole deer tenderloin sho was good. hunting hard rest of the week didn,t see anything till this morning. it had turned off cooler around Wednesday and last night was a bit chilly in the low 40,s. had to pry myself out of that warm sleeping bag to get in a boat and run down river? let me tell you it is cold at 40 something running down the river. well I had to wait until day light some because of the steam coming off the river. they are a lot od snags in it where I was at had to be careful . well If I,m not in a ladder stand I set in a chair in some natural ground blind. well I forgot my chain at camp so I had to set on the ground. :evil: well about 8:45 here comes 2 does to my right . I knew I would have to shoot left handed. I throw up and they disappear for a moment well I,m still holding the rifle up. I don,t move and by now my arms are getting tired. they reappear and I take a shot well you guessed it I miss. :( :cry: both wave good by as they run off. after things like that you start asking yourself what I could have done different. well maybe I should have took the chance of them seeing me and turned around so I could shot right handed? guess I will never know? got to have some reason to go back soon. :wink: didn,t see know no hogs this time but tracks and sign were every where. heard a lot of owls every night too.

well all in all was a great trip, nice fall weather, good eating , good company and good times and memories and most of all some fresh venison. well back to that 4 letter word Monday. dang :cry: :x

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Sounds like you will have a good time and as everyone knows a person would rather be at work then out in a swamp hunting , fishing and sleeping under a tarp in the rain , listing to the rain fall just relaxing you.
Yes Sir there is nothing better then work to really make a person happy and just think about all those poor people that will be sitting on a river bank eating fresh fish , just caught and tossed in the frying pan.

OK .. Enough B.S. Everyone knows that I have that Bass-a$$ Backwards and it is work that stinks. Been enjoying the cooler weather down here , Low 50's in the mornings for the last few days and just right for open windows during the day and at night.
Haven't had the pleasure of being in a tent listing to the rain fall , one sound I really enjoy and if some Owls are sounding off that is just better. But it has been close to camping when in the bed at night with a blanket over me enjoying the fresh air and quiet by not listing to the AC running.

Chuck.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
yep chuck before I got to the end I thought you had done bumped your head? :shock: :lol: yep the cool weather has been nice guess the power man don,t like it though? no ac :D