First Big Bluecat | SouthernPaddler.com

First Big Bluecat

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
Hit the Brazos for a solo trip today. This is only the second time I have been in my boat since knee surgery in October. It was 28 degrees when I launched but after a little paddling had to come out of the coat. Fished my way down river for a few miles without much luck i Finally caught a drum for bait and then paddled on to where I wanted to fish. Got set up and had a couple of good runs but missed them. Third bite was this guy, he put up a great fight. Once I had him to the boat I finally got my hand in his mouth and he bite down hard, I was thinking either he is going to be dry or I'm gonna be wet but I finally managed to pull him into the boat. After this on I had one more about this size at the boat but he got off before I could get my hand in his mouth. I wish I would have paddled straight to this spot instead of fishing my way down because I didn't have much time before I had to start back. I know where they are at now so i will be back after them. He weighed exactly 22 pounds.

100_4566.jpg

100_4564.jpg

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
hey darrells that is a nice blue. he will make some fine steaks. :wink: :) this is one of my favorite fish i fish for on the altamaha. that size they do put up a fight on limb lines i can only amagine you catching him on reel & in pero. thanks for sharing pics.