Firecrackers (And not the Cannabis type) | SouthernPaddler.com

Firecrackers (And not the Cannabis type)

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
This is a lowly saltine cracker Jacked Up a bunch of notches. I have heard that people use these for dips and such. I love them by themselves.
You will need (and you may add or subtract as you see fit).
One packet of Ranch Style Dressing mix
2 to 3 Tbl. crushed red peppers
1 tsp. powdered onion
1 tsp. powdered garlic
1 tsp. chili powder
1 to 2 cups of canola or olive oil
1 box (4 tubes) saltine crackers (I guess other crackers would also work. Oyster, Ritz, Captains wafers, ect.

1. There are many ways to do this. Use plastic containers or gallon zip lock bags. We have an ancient tupperware bread box that does not seal properly but works ok if you keep ahold of the lid during flipping. My bread box holds a box of saltines perfectly. Put the crackers in a row standing on edge.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and thoroughly mix. If you sue a rigid container spoon ingredients evenly over the crackers. Install the lid and shake then lit sit for 5 minuets. Shake then flip and shake and let sit for another 5 minuets then repeat. Do this for one hour.
3. If you use a gallon zip lock bag pour all the ingredients into the gab and seal. Knead until everything is thoroughly mixed. Place the crackers in the bag and flip and shake. Again do this every five minuets for one hour.
4. After the hour of flipping and shaking is over put the crackers on a cookie sheet and bake at 250 F. for about 15 min. and they are done. Store in a zip lock bag until gone.
Enjoy Guys.
Bob

texastom

Jul 29, 2013
Dallas
I'd like to know more about the cannabis type. Never heard of that one, but I don't live in CO, WA. OR, DC or any other place where it's legal. Dang it.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
What's with the ice cubes Jack. It's just crushed red pepper. Talk about crushed red pepper. If you want a good dipping sauce get a small container and fill it half full of crushed red pepper then add olive oil till the peppers are covered. Dip your garlic bread in it before taking a bite. It has a little bite of it's own but it is sooo good. You can dip crackers or anything you want in it. It will give it a little Zip.
As far as the cannabis firecrackers go. I am just aware that there is a recipe called Firecrackers that uses cannabis so I wanted to make the distinction up front so no one would get the wrong idea.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Use the crushed Red Pepper flakes and a little salt with Vinegar to make your own hot sauce. It you are a puritan and want it without the flakes when you use it then let it soak for a while to age. Then strain the liquid threw some cheese cloth and into a bottle before using it.
No set ground rules on how to make it so just use your imagination and go wild.