Finally, A Pirogue! | SouthernPaddler.com

Finally, A Pirogue!

fenix1

Apr 21, 2012
Noble, Louisiana
Well folks it's been awhile since i talked with you all but i've thought bout you most every day. Lots of stuff going on in this ol' world. Anyways' thought i'd let ya know that my First Fishing Trip was a Success. Took my Pirogue out and hung my Trotlines, had 4 of them with 35 hooks each bout a half mile from the bank.. Next day went out and ran them. Caught a bunch of Channel Cats, a 20 pounder, a ten, 2 fives, and 27 that weighed between 2 and 3 pounds. Couldn't believe it. My first "run" and at $4+ a pound...my little Pirogue actually paid for itself! The Chicken Hearts for bait wasn't but bout $4. Didn't have to drive but a couple of miles to the Lake and didn't need any ice. Can't beat that with a stick! Invited my 3 girls over and my son and all the "Grandbabys" the next weekend. They all came to Dads house. They thought something was wrong me and i probably had "Bad News" or something. Haven't invited them over for Thanksgiving or Christmas or anything else since their Mama passed a few years ago. And have avoided them and most everyone else since. That little "Green" Pirogue saved my life! It's done more than catch a few fish! I can only thank my God and you "Old Sparkey" AND all the other good people on this site for helping me get my Life back... from Michigan to Florida to south Looziana, and to my Friends in "Stralia"(Mick)...i wish you All a very Merry Christmas and a very well deserved Happy New Year! May God Bless...
Am still paddling and fishing and bout to go deer hunting...Thanks to You All...

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
fenix1.............

Thank You for posting the above good news , this is the season for good news and when a family gets together that is the best news available. I'm glad we were able to assist you in that happening and with any luck many more times of joy for you and your family in the future.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you. :D

Chuck...............

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Fenix1, welcome back to Life. It sounds like you're finding your way now. Hug those kids and grandbabies smile a lot, and paddle a lot. go back out and enjoy Life and Mother Nature.
As Mick and David would say, "Good on ya, Mate!"

fenix1

Apr 21, 2012
Noble, Louisiana
Wanted to tell ya something i find amusing and in fact laughing bout it now. Laugh everytime i think bout it. You all know how i was concerned bout the stability and all. Funniest thing...have paddled up to a Cypress Tree alot of times, grabbed hold of a limb, stood up and "done my thing", NEVER lost my balance or anything. Bout the second time i put out to go run my lines and do a little "Bream Fishing" had my Pirogue on it's left side leaning against the bank and i put my right foot in and as soon as i put my left foot in for about 10 seconds i swear it looked like a was doing the "Watusi"! I had both arms flailing and look like i was trying to do a rendition of something between the "Watusi" and the "Twist"! "Chubby Checker" would have been impressed! I finally sat down and even then i laughed! I've been in bout foot and a half waves with this boat and never have worried...do wear a life Jacket. Amazing thing, the only time i ever came close to falling out of it was getting in it! Ha Ha Ha Ha...

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
glad for the comeback for you fenix. glad you got some fish. aint much better than channels. I aint parcel to no kind of fish. :lol: yep Ive done about the same thing with my little canoe I have. it don,t take you long to correct ur situation and learn from tnhe mistakes. so far I haven't went swimming. :D I must missed my invite on the catfish supper? :shock: :mrgreen: hope you get some venison.
hope you had a good thanksgiving and hope you have a merry Christmas . may god bless you and your family too.