Easy 2 minute Eggs...............Scrambled | SouthernPaddler.com

Easy 2 minute Eggs...............Scrambled

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I tried this today. WOW !!!!!
I used a microwave safe cup three inches high and about the same in width.
I sprayed the inside of the cup with some Pam. Using two eggs , a little shredded cheese , salt & pepper. I microwaved it for 2 minutes and it rose above the top of the cup while in the microwave.
Taking it out it fell back to normal height Putting it on the plate it came out of the cup nice and clean thanks to the Pam spray. I also did some grits and bacon and had a nice lunch.
The ( Scrambled ) eggs would make you think of a souffle since they are really light and fluffy.

Here is where i found this idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: grandpa paddler

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Nice Sparkster! It fits nice on a Toasted bagel or muffin as well! Super easy cleanup!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
My microwave will cook bacon in 3 to 4 minutes , so I had to try something different.

Using a paper plate I put down a doubled up paper towel , then two slices of bacon cut in half. Covered it with another paper towel and hit the button for two minutes.
Next step was to cut the bacon into small pieces ( scissors do a great job ). I added the semi cooked bacon to the egg mix in the cup and cooked it in the microwave. Cheesy , Bacon Eggs in a cup.

Just thinking out loud here...........................Maybe a table spoon of each. No precooking like with the bacon , just mix and cook for 2 minutes.
I bet a Omelet with some Shredded Cheese , Diced Tomatoes , Green Onions ( Scallions ) , Bell Pepper and Diced Ham would be good. Or how about some , diced up , of those two minute microwave sausage patties.

The possibilities are endless. :)
Only down side I can see is taking the microwave on a backpacking or canoe trip. Not even thinking about the length of the extension cord.

Reactions: oldyaker

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
My microwave will cook bacon in 3 to 4 minutes , so I had to try something different.

Using a paper plate I put down a doubled up paper towel , then two slices of bacon cut in half. Covered it with another paper towel and hit the button for two minutes.
Next step was to cut the bacon into small pieces ( scissors do a great job ). I added the semi cooked bacon to the egg mix in the cup and cooked it in the microwave. Cheesy , Bacon Eggs in a cup.

Just thinking out loud here...........................Maybe a table spoon of each. No precooking like with the bacon , just mix and cook for 2 minutes.
I bet a Omelet with some Shredded Cheese , Diced Tomatoes , Green Onions ( Scallions ) , Bell Pepper and Diced Ham would be good. Or how about some , diced up , of those two minute microwave sausage patties.

The possibilities are endless. :)
Only down side I can see is taking the microwave on a backpacking or canoe trip. Not even thinking about the length of the extension cord.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Chuck, I have quick breakfast now! I use Quaker Oats instant grits with your 2 minute eggs and bacon for a complete Old Sparkster breakfasts!!!

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I have a folding, plastic container for nuking eggs into omellets. Kinda kidney shaped. About 2 minutes on the first side, then open kt up to add goodies (onions & peppers), close the container, put it in the nuker upside down from what it had been for another minute. Pretty good.