Dehydrated Potato Soup Mix | SouthernPaddler.com

Dehydrated Potato Soup Mix

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Last night for supper we could not decide on what to have so we experimented with some soup that we found at Cosco. We got it because it appeared to be something that I could use out camping.

Dehydrated Potato Soup Mix.

This is made by Inn on the Creek Foods. It's there Potato Soup mix.
http://www.innonthecreekfoods.com/produ ... otato.html

Bring 4 cups of water to a rolling boil and add one cup of the soup mix , whisk it into the water and reduce the heat to a low boil and whisk (stir ) it occasionally for 15 minutes. That amount makes plenty of soup for two people. Out camping two cups of water and half a cup of the mix would be plenty for a meal.
It will be in the food bag when I go out camping. Just measure out some , zip lock it and toss it in the food bag.

It is unlike any instant soup I have ever had , it is Delicious , Rich , Creamy and down right good. Plus it is made here in America. I did cheat and added some sliced up pieces of ham to it as it cooked.

Chuck.

mommicked

Nov 18, 2006
Coastal NC
That jest sounds good. You're making me wish we had a Costco. I don't think there's one for hundreds of miles from here, might be wrong. We do have Food Lion though, and they have some neat stuff.

I bet that soup would be good with some canned chicken and bacon bits on a camp out. Maybe some home made bread like Jack's Bannock on the side, and a hot cup of coffee or dark beer....

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The two pound can is $18.65 so with the 24 servings per can the cost per serving is about .78 cents. That's not a bad price for a serving of some really good soup , especially when it is dehydrated and light weight for a backpacking meal.

That serving is 4 cups of soup when cooked and only 120 calories so figure that a half a cup of the mix will make the normal two cup serving of soup that even lowers the cost and doubles the servings. Plus cutting the calories in half. In this case 2 cups of water and a half a cup of the mix.
I have no idea how they have managed to do it but it is one good soup. You can add anything to it , I liked the ham in it but bacon crumbled on the top would work really good , heck you could even add more veggies to it. :D