Damaged wing. | SouthernPaddler.com

Damaged wing.

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Just finished 8 weeks of therapy. (No, Jack, not that kind. Docs didn't want to waste time on a lost cause.) The shoulder I re-injured on the AuSable this Spring actually moves with much less pain now. Still hoping to make the Miji trip in the
Fall. Gots to try my new kayak out on the big lake and be there to annoy Jack. :mrgreen:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Ger - if you don't come annoy me, I'll come getcha!

Gerry had to abort early on the Au Sable trip this spring. His shoulder was so painful he could barely paddle. He even lost his characteristic - and long lasting - smile a couple of times. Lake Miji will give him a chance to recoup.

rhutchinson

Jan 18, 2008
Middle Tn.
BEARS BUDDY
Glad you got some relief from the doctorin, but i just ran into something that might help. I've got a couple of knees that give me a fit. Have tried a lot of stuff on them over the years (ben-gay,tiger balm, absorbine horse lintiment etc) and nothing worked. But I just ran across something called Willow Balm. It's billed as a topical pain killer and it works! The man at the store I work at that works on small engines has a big problem with his right shoulder from pulling on chainsaws, weedeaters,mowers etc all day( funny how nobody ever brings him something thats easy to start to fix!!). He started using it and swears by it now. The company name is a little hokie 'I Woke Up Well Distributing Co.' Phone # is 615-562-3141. It's made right here in Tn. It's not expensive and may be worth a try for you. Just a thought.

Richard