canoochi river run | SouthernPaddler.com

canoochi river run

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
hey yak don,t know if you have heard of this but they have it every year . this is in claxton ga where gatur & frankie paddles. i have done it with them its about 11 miles . they have a race for the most part. well you know what class we enter the geezer class.

i don,t guess i will make it this year april 4th, they probally will cancel this year i suppose on counts of safety.today they got 8 or more inches of rain & flooded them out in town. the river is @ 9.5 ft now & suppose to be @ 11ft (flood stage) tommorrow .

if your down this way when they have it every year you should paddle it with them. it is a small pretty river about like the ogeech but not quite as big.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Thanks Cat! I have heard of that river but never paddled it. I get to Georgia every chance I get. I will keep this in the back of my head. So far, it still looks like I'll be in JoJa round the middle of May. May even be your neighbor someday into the future......I hope.

gator_8_em

Oct 30, 2005
Southeast Georgia
All day Friday updates were posted on the Canoochee River Keepers web site concerning the race scheduled for the next day, 4-5-08. The race was on, the race was on...even with the river being up. Got up about 6 this morning in order to get to the river by 7, with a light rain the whole time. When I got there the race had been cancelled due to impending storms due in the area mid morning. We did get occasional rains all day but no bad storms thank goodness. Better to be safe than sorry. I did get my t-shirt...... :)

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Guys...I'm supposed to be in SAV again in May. I sincerely hope I get to paddle with my Georgia pals once again.