CANOEING UPDATE FROM THE Ocklawaha Outpost | SouthernPaddler.com

CANOEING UPDATE FROM THE Ocklawaha Outpost

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Hi folks
I just thought I would let all you Geezers know that the Ocklawaha River has now been cleared of the (dangerous down falls) this according to the county gov. idiots. Well I am here to let everyone know that it was as i said in the first place a large waste of tax payer money. I came through the 8 miler today that they said was ready for the smoker boats and found 3 new big ones in the river. And we ain't even had a storm yet. If any of the big time smokers want to do our river they still better carry a chain saw and a couple stout mex's. It will be as the Lord wants it to be, no matter what we do. I just love mom nature.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
About time. The Ocklawaha score card.

Mother Nature .............. 1
Corps of idiots................0

It does not pay to mess with Mother Nature because if you do she will make you look like a fool. ( Makes it easy for her when it is fools trying to improve on her design)

Chuck.

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Hiya Chuck Yep Mother Nature wins again. I tried to tell the boys in the county gov they were fightin a losing battle but what do I know I just live here. Well it is better to have the river win and then send a letter to the editor and show them than to have them tell me I don't have a clue.
It will be a great river summer again this year for us here.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Sounds like you guys maybe wan,t have no power boats except for sparky,s new pedal rig he ordered a while back on the net. :lol:

Trees it sure makes it more exciting , paddling. :)

dangermouse01

Sep 8, 2006
Palm Bay, FL (East coast)
hairymick said:
:shock: :shock: You guys got blokes who clear your rivers??? :shock: :shock:

We also have a group that used to straighten out some of our rivers for us.

I heard that alot of the "river clearing" that has been happening here in FL lately, has FEMA fingerprints and funding all over it. Seems that after the 2004 hurricane season alot of the rivers and creeks have been cleared to "improve" water drainage. Course the "clearing" pretty much seems to be getting the live trees, stumps, downed trees and things out of the water and they just put them up on the bank.

DM

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Mick
Here we have what Chuck called our Corp of Idiots. When you see em doing something it is usually wrong. Drive your tractor across your wet field, leave ruts, let the ruts fill up with water and if they see it you will never be able to touch that land again. You will have an instant Wet Lands and you cannot do nothing to damage their precious wetlands. We do not own our land anymore. We just pay taxes on it so they will have more money to make more rules and laws so they can fine us more and put us in jail. Makes sense- doesn' it. :evil: :evil:

Chuck
The bright spot on this is the WONDERFUL name you have given Them.
See - every cloud has a silver lining (though it is somestime hard to find).
I Wannabe quite now.
Bob

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
There yua,ll go again getting my blood preasure up. Yea what gets me they can build houses or fill in a wetland & put a road or inerstate.

Let one of us fill in a wet land, it,s under the jail without the key. :x