Building the Laker | SouthernPaddler.com

Building the Laker

Commodore

Dec 13, 2003
Melbourne Beach, Fl
Well, I guess I will be joing the forum. Although I have been a member for years I have never joined in the repartee. Now, thanks to Hairy Mick and his building of the Laker kayak I have decided to build a similar design. The plans are on the way and I have began a search for the wood. Hopefully I will be able to build without too many problems. If not then you will read more about me here on line.
I havebeen on many trips with Chuck and other members here in Florida.
"Aside to Kayak Jack" I have finally decided I need something a little lighter than my old faithful Grumman. The Commodore

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Commodore....

As I told you on the back channels and out camping more then one time over all the years we have been camping and paddling ...
If you have a question please ask all of us , except for Jack will give you a honest answer.

Jack's mind tends to wonder around in the days he was with Noah building the Ark. Unlike Jack we have not use pine pitch for many a years , today it is epoxy for all of us , Jack still likes the pine pitch unless it is aluminum.

"O" By the way .. Don't let the guys on here fool you they love the Grumman's and secretly use them , I think Jack has two or three of them like you do. :lol:

Harry and Ray on the Ocklawaha River.
Dec07%20003.jpg

Several of you have meet the Commodore ( Harry) and to Jog your memory here he is with his tent in the background and the famous table he always has on the trips. I don't have any pictures of his comfort chair that all of like so much , at lease one time every day.:lol: ( Sorry Harry but I had to do it)

St%20Mary%20March%2004%2043.jpg

Chuck.

Paddlin'Gator

Feb 2, 2008
Tequesta, FL
Harry,
I've been reading the posts from the guys who have built or are building Matt's Laker. Good lookin' boat! It should be a fun project for you.

You will have reduce the gear you carry about tenfold to get it in a kayak, or are you thinking of it just for day trips?

Joe

Commodore

Dec 13, 2003
Melbourne Beach, Fl
Paddlin' Gator: I will be using it to go alone. At the present time I use the Grumman because I like to have company. Also my strenght has gone and left me. I figure I can still continue with a lighter vehicle to travel in.Commodore