Boehner Working with Obama to Ambush House Republicans | SouthernPaddler.com

Boehner Working with Obama to Ambush House Republicans

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
David,
I would be glad to tell you what I think of the Reb. Leadership and the rest of Washington, but I can't. Chuck has told us that some of the fairer sex also reads the Forum and for us to watch our language and content. I could not talk about those people without offending the delicate ears of some of our forum readers. I will ask you to imaging what I would say and let that suffice. Just make it a good un.
Bob

dawallace45

Bob / Jack

I've been observing American politics for years , mainly for two main reasons , one is that the politics and economy of the USA are so big that they affects the whole world , two is to try and understand the whole process , [ still can't , and most Americans I've asked about it have a imperfect idea on how it works ] , a third minor reason is for the entertainment value , because it is entertaining to see a country whose politicians are even more useless , corrupt and inept than ours , but because of the very nature of the USA it makes them 100 times more dangerous than ours

It took a while to write that without using four letter words

I feel that the people of the USA have fallen into the same trap as we here in Australia have , most people don't vote for the party or candidate they believe in , they vote for the candidate or party they believe has the best chance of getting the other bludger out , so we just end up with a endless stream of duds , from two parties whose main goal is power for the sake of power [ the same idea that applies to small club and organization politics works for big political parties and politics , anyone who really wants to be in charge probably shouldn't ]

I was reading something from some American commentator some months back , he was suggesting that the people of the USA are possibly the most patriotic people in the world , couple that with being the most television addicted people as well it's a situation open to exploitation by manipulative media or some one controlling it , this guy seemed to consider it brainwashing by television , not just from interview shows , talk shows and news shows but by movies , documentaries and sitcoms , [ seemed to think that was why people will vote against their own best interests , like those who vote for Obama ]

You guys there are in a better position than me to say if any if what he was saying was right in any way , but of course that fact that you're on this forum means you like to get out and do things so probably don't spend as much time as most in front of the TV as the average person

I noticed during the last election in the USA , most of the people I come in contact with on the net aren't really Republican or Democrat and though most of the people I come in contact with would have voted Republican they are in fact Libertarians even most don't recognise it or even know for sure what the Libertarians stand for ,

David

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
David,
They cannot brainwash me with the TV as I rarely watch it. For quite a while it seems that we wind up voting for the lesser of two evils. It would have been interesting to have Ron Paul as President.
Thanks for the article on wood burning stoves. We are being regulated out of existence.
Bob

dawallace45

You know things are bad when in the last two months you get emails from 4 people you know from different forums asking about how much housing is here in Australia and what the general cost of living is , because these people are looking for another country to live in

David

hairymick01

Holy Shit !

David, I just read that last link and it frightened the hell out of me. Surely kids just can't be THAT stupid? not even left coasters.

Then again, I look at some of our Australian kids and I see little difference. more interested in bloody reality tv shows than reality itself. Makes me want to go back into the bush and live under a couple of sheets of canvass.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
No big deal.
It's California the land of nuts , fruitcakes , idiots , illegal aliens and drooling fools. See what happens when your kids come from the marriage of 5th generation cousins and live in the land of legal pot , cheep wine , Congresswomen Nancy Pelosi and Governor Brown.