Big bores | SouthernPaddler.com

Big bores

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Aug 25, 2003
Ozarks of N. Central Arkansas
tx river rat said:
From your short reply gives the impression u don't like big bores. Is there a reason

Actually I was just rushed at the time.

BUT-----since you asked-------

As a lifetime airgunning enthusiast and supporter I am as curious and lustfull of big bores as the next guy. Unfortunately I'm also a pragmatist. Because of, and ONLY because of, airgunnings public perception as a 'toy' or low-powered training device for children we have to date managed to avoid the draconian control issues suffered by firearms owners at the behest of the Kool-aide Krowd and bureaucracy. So I see the pursuit of high-powered bigbores as a clear danger to 'shooting ourselves in the foot'. We are a single act of stupidity away from coming under those same draconian control measures as firearms and a lifetime of observation of the human animal has given me great confidence in inherent human stupidity.

So on that basis alone I guess you would have to lump me into the camp of those who think bigbores counterproductive to the sport. The longer airgunning can remain 'under the radar' the longer we may enjoy it without meddling by government. For that I'm willing to surrender a few of my own desires.

Equally to the point however Dennis Quackenbush is known as 'Mr. Bigbore' for very good reasons.

Howzat? Tom

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
:lol:
Thanks Tom, from reading the forum , I was sort of getting that feeling as well,I am interested in them, and the history behind them.
I think I will stick to my 22 cals and just use my bow if I need more range or killing power.
Ron
Thanks again Tom
Broadhead diamiter is 1inch 1/8 what would that be a 112 caliber :lol: