Biden , Making the Covid antibody treatment political. | SouthernPaddler.com

Biden , Making the Covid antibody treatment political.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Something that's going on here in Florida and I hope it never happens in your area but there is a chance since it is happening here. ( This is my understanding on what's happening )
As you might know and if you didn't. Our governor and President Biden have been butting heads together over the mask situation in the schools. It's been a hot topic in all of the news here in Florida.
Well the U S government has control over the Covid 19 anti body medication. If you get the Covid bug in the 1st 10 days you can get the anti body infusion and you are OK. Seams like the Biden has refused to send that medication to Florida because of the argument between the Governor and the President.
In plain language , you get the bug , ( You meet the criteria for it ) you can get the infusion of the antibodies and you are OK. That's a life saver for folks like me in case we contract the Covid bug. I can't take the vaccine because I'm on two blood thinners. I can not have any blood clots and with it there is a small possibility of blood clotting or blood cell damage.
Florida is a retirement state , we have lot's of elderly and medically restricted citizens. To deny something as important as the anti body medication is the same as saying I don't care if you live or die. All because of an political argument..
Thank God our Governor has managed to secure the anti body medication elsewhere.

From the Washington Exhaminator .
According to Health and Human Services Department officials, a small group of southern states have utilized 70% of the supply of monoclonal antibody treatments.
Florida ranks No. 1. It received 30,000 doses in the past week. Texas ranked second after receiving 24,000 doses in the past week, HHS figures show.

Biden has clashed with southern-state governors who have refused to back vaccine and mask mandates.

Newsweek 9-14-2021
DeSantis went on: "We're facing a massive, massive cut in monoclonal antibody treatments abruptly. Just after the president said they would have a 50 percent increase, we're now seeing more than a 50 percent cut for the state of Florida. So we're going to fight like hell to make sure that our folks get what they need."

The Republican governor said Florida could purchase the antibodies directly from pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline.

texastom

Jul 29, 2013
Dallas
Our Gov is in Biden's sight also. Yet Andrew "Granny Killer" Cuomo was hailed as the leader and the gold standard in C-19 response and even headed the weekly advisory calls with Governors. Mike Pence used to lead the calls.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki refuses to condemn Cuomo over nursing home COVID deaths cover-up
  • White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki dodged questions Sunday on if Joe Biden still considers Governor Andrew Cuomo's COVID response the 'gold standard'
  • The New York Democrat is in the midst of the nursing home deaths scandal
  • 'It doesn't always have to be a yes or no answer,' Psaki quipped when pushed on the matter, claiming Biden would still work with Cuomo to get aid to New York
  • An investigation found Cuomo may have intentionally misled the public on the number of nursing home deaths related to coronavirus in the state

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
Partisan politics is not the place to play willy-nilly with peoples lives. I think most of us here are of an age where vaccines, masks and monoclonal antibodies are all important for keeping us alive. Remember who has tried to deny safety for your health in favor of their political aspirations. Vote accordingly.

Reactions: BEARS BUDDY