Curious Bee, What glue did you use?Boat storage has been somewhat limited at my house lately. After the boat was kept outside in the sun I discovered a "bubble"/soft spot in the plywood. There was a void/no glue area that I did not find until the heat made outer ply rise. The quality of plywood and lumber has gone to pot.
The good thing about building with wood is, given enough time and enough wood any problem can be repaired. Whether it is worth it is another story.
I removed the "bubbled" ply and made a new layer to fit the void. Then I glued it in place and painted the boat's sides to cover the repair.
View attachment 1688View attachment 1689View attachment 1690View attachment 1691
Thanks I'll remember that ratchet wretched strap and block of wood trick probably probably gonna need it somedayTitebond 3 mixed with wood flour. Sanded off the excess but I didn't get a good fill in a couple spots. I didn't notice it until the paint dried. Not bad but noticeable and certainly not the only flaw. Showed it to the new owner and he was OK with it.
Items glued with Titebond 3 needs to be compressed together for the glue to dry well. I used a ratchet strap and block of wood to hold the patch in place.