Another designer and good friend | SouthernPaddler.com

Another designer and good friend

JEM

Hey guys and gals,

I good friend I've made, Morten Oleson over in Demark, has a nice collection of plans.

I'll be listing some of them for sale on my site soon. Most of the proceeds will go to Morten. He helps me with the power boats I have coming out and I'd like to help him. So it's friends help each other.

Edit: Mo has rearranged his site so just go to

http://www.boatplans.dk

and browse the ever-expanding selection.

Just wanted to get him a little exposure as he's helped me a lot.

JEM

The paddle boats and smaller power boats compliment my existing product line nicely so we'll go for those first and see how it works out. I'm 90% sure they will be listed on my site in the next few days.

I'll process any orders taken through my site, send a note Morten and funds, and he'll send the plans to the customer. Most of his plans are sent via e-mail so the cost is much lower. But that has it's disadvantages too.

Morten will get the lion's share of the sale. As he should. I'll get enough to cover processing the orders and I also get to keep pestering him with ideas! :D Actually Morten helps me with power boat ideas at no charge. I feel I owe him so that's why I want to do this. Plus he has some neat designs. It's a win-win.

If demand is there, we'll do up some printed plans to snail-mail out. Maybe I'll stock them for U.S./Canada ditribution.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
JEM said:
Hey guys and gals,

I good friend I've made, Morten Oleson over in Demark, has a nice collection of plans.

Here's a neat little canoe he came out with:

http://www.boatplans.dk/boatplans/c-can ... pe=c-canoe

Matt ... If the upper part of this canoe was angled to the inside just a pinch (for easier paddling) and slightly shallower draft .... I have it in my shop. It sure looks like my verson of the Swamp Girl , even has the squared off stern. :D

NOW .. You said that word .... Power Boats .... Treason that is what it is nothing but TREASON, just pure and simple. Talking about gas, oil, pollution, mixmasters on the stern of a boat and actually designing a boat for that use ...something that you don't have to paddle , shame on you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops: ....Before I forget..... Sometime down the river (at a later date) are you planing any designs for a small two person V bow, shallow draft boat that would be light weight and easy to tote in the back of a truck or car top on a Jeep for fishing back waters or possibly duck hunting out of.

Mind you I am just asking, curiosity you know..... "O" it would have a small 2 or 3 HP motor on it, probably a Mercury or Mariner.
It will take some time to save up the cash for the motor.

Chuck.

JEM

oldsparkey said:
:oops: ....Before I forget..... Sometime down the river (at a later date) are you planing any designs for a small two person V bow, shallow draft boat that would be light weight and easy to tote in the back of a truck or car top on a Jeep for fishing back waters or possibly duck hunting out of.

Chuck.

I got my version of a Gheenoe power boat almost complete. But that's for a 15hp.

Now for what you described, Morten's skiff is just the ticket:

Edit: Mo has rearranged his site so just go to

http://www.boatplans.dk

and browse the ever-expanding selection.
That's one I'd like to have printed in my plans format.