And, to wash down all that bacon...... | SouthernPaddler.com

And, to wash down all that bacon......

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
The world's strongest, most expensive beer served inside a squirrel. :shock:

Our old buddies BrewDog have done it again. Not content with winning back the "strongest beer in the world" title last February with its Sink the Bismarck!, they've now upped their game with a new brew that is 55 percent alcohol by volume and carries a $765 price tag. It's called The End of History.

Oh, and did we mention that the bottles come in stuffed animals-like stuffed animals that were once alive? The 12 bottles have been made featuring seven dead stoats (a kind of weasel), four squirrels and one rabbit. James Watt, one of the two guys behind BrewDog, put it better than we ever could: "The impact of The End of History is a perfect conceptual marriage between taxidermy, art and craft brewing." Just like we've all been waiting for!

I think Jack should try it and give us a review.....

LINK

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
mike said:
Yeah, but did they come inside taxidermied animals? :shock:

The beer was packaged in a copper-finished kettle designed to resemble those used in the brewing process. 8,000 twenty-four-ounce bottles of Utopias were produced in all, with a suggested price of US$100 a bottle. The beer is considered by some to be more comparable to brandy, sherry, cognac or port than to other beers.

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
hey Jack

what type of yeast were you using that could survive 18% alcohol?

I don't know of any wine yeasts that'll survive that

reckon the higher alcohol commercial beers are fortified beers - just like some of my favorite fortified wines, like Night Train, Old Moses, Mogan David 20/20, etc

islandpiper

They are not fortified. The water is frozen out and removed, leaving the good stuff, which does not freeze. Much like apple cider was done two hundred years ago. Leave the pail in the back entryway and scoop out the ice crystals and discard. This works best in Michigan, seldom in louisiana.

piper

islandpiper

Jack, sorry for the delay. I was stuck in the mud. No, no one here makes cider. There are no apple trees here. John Chapman, Johnny Appleseed, never came by this way. So, apples are a rare and unusual thing. Not like in Iron County, Michigan, where we had numerous trees which dumped literally TONS of apples on the yard every year. I miss them. Guess I'll go fix some shrimp.

Piper