Alligator Gar fun with my Wife (pic heavy) | SouthernPaddler.com

Alligator Gar fun with my Wife (pic heavy)

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
I enjoy catching and releaseing Alligator Gar and wife has been after me for awhile to take her on a day trip. We got up early this morning and hit the one of my favorite spots along the Middle Brazos for a day of fun. I love to paddle in the early mornings, it is almost always quite and calm.

011.jpg

010.jpg

We paddled for a few miles until we found a spot that was level and clear enough to set up one. I always carry my machette on the river and made quick work of the Johnson Grass.

035.jpg

We put out the little rods trying to catch spome bait and pretty soon Connie caught a drum that weighed about four pounds. I made three baits out of it and we were good to go. It was not but a few minutes before we had our first run and then another andanother and another and so on. My wife could not get over just how hard these fish pull when hooked. They will strip 100 yards of line in just a minute.

014.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

012.jpg

016.jpg

We had eight different fish hooked before I finally got one to the bank and landed it.

021.jpg

026.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

I cut the leader, took a DNA sample for the State and released her to grow up.

022.jpg

033.jpg

We had a great day of fishing and just relaxing. Can't wait to do it again.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Glad ya'll had a good day. Looked like fun. I can't imagine what the temp. was up there today. Setting here on the bank of Trinity Bay it got up to 101F.. Ya'll are tougher than I am. :wink:
Wannabe cool

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
Wow, what a fish!

102 degrees here just South of Conroe, or just North of Houston, whichever works for you.

MIke

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
You are going to drive Ron nuts when he sees the size of the Gar and he was not there with a line to toss in the river. GOOD JOB. :D :lol:

Checking the National Weather map , south Texas and west Louisiana was the hot spot today , As you know.

Chuck.

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
I thought my wife was'nt gonna make it to the take out, but she is a Trooper and alreadywants todo it again. I told her next time we need to be on the water by 6:00 and gone by noon.