A Three Hour Tour | SouthernPaddler.com

A Three Hour Tour

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Not Gilligan"s Island, but Clark's Bayou, Lake Bistineau, Louisiana. We never had a bite fishing, but I never had a better time. Took the "Firewood Skiff" and my grandson paddling and fishing Friday 3/19/10.

Paddling to the spot:
IMG_1194.jpg

Fishing hard, but no luck:
IMG_1199.jpg

Paw Paw tries, but no luck:
IMG_1200.jpg

Got down to the important activities,like:
Hitting the ground with a stick.
IMG_1207.jpg

Jumping ditches.
IMG_1203.jpg

After the advanced landing scout (agile 7yr. old) slipped and crawled up the muddy bank, the captain (Paw Paw) decided the "shore" lunch would be served in the boat:
IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

Grandkids are Gods blessings that make old age bearable.

beekeeper

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Kayak Jack said:

Do we need to take up a collection and get Paw Paw and new PFD? Your old one looks like one of Dagmar's bras - inadequate. :wink:

I thought you would be proud of me for wearing one standing on dry ground. Your calculations of my PFD being inadequate may have failed to include my built in buoyancy . :lol: I am surprised your keen observation powers overlooked the fact the lake is being drained and I probably would have had to lay down to get my face wet. :) I don't know Ms. Dagmar so I don't know why you think inadequate thoughts when you look at her bra. :roll:

Mr. Kayak please note all the :lol: :) :roll: etc. in the above. In all seriousness, I do need a new PFD. I have been looking for a suitable style and type. Fit, comfort, and function are necessary. Can't mail order because sizes are not standard. My present one is showing some age but it is in sound condition. No tears, straps are not broken,buckles work, etc. It is more than adequate for the conditions I encounter.

beekeeper
P.S. If you get that collection started, just bring the money to the rendezvous. :wink:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Brother Bee,
You looked olde enough to remember Dagmar, but, I guess you fooled me.

I have two PFD's. One standard (packed with Styrofoam, or some such stuff), and the other one inflatable, SOSpenders. Frankly I have no idea where the standard one is any more. Nor, do I much care. The inflatable ones are SO MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE that I will never go back.

Other brands out are a bit less expensive, I think, than SOSpenders. Shop around, but keep reliability in mind over price. No good going down for the third time because we saved a few bucks.