A new 18 lb. pirogue | SouthernPaddler.com

A new 18 lb. pirogue

Phishtech

Jul 30, 2009
The designer of this boat has had someone build one. I don't know all the particulars, but I did get a picture forwarded to me. I've got an email out to the person of interest asking for more details. All I have now is this pic:

HerbLiteSpecial.jpg

Hydrophillic

Feb 11, 2011
How cool, that is my boat on Black Shoals lake in Rockdale County, Georgia. I built it according to the information on this web site and from Herb Cottle's. She 13'8" long, 22" wide at the bottom, 29" at the top, and 35# dry. She flies thru the water with my homemade greenland paddle. I had trouble finding trim coil so I used aluminum gutter coil instead. The ladders are made from 1x2 cedar strips( I didn't have a table saw) joined at the ends to planed cedar 1x4. I used a Kreg Jr. jig to attach the ladder together and left the screws in. I probably will take the screws out after the epoxy hardens and glass the inside facing joint like Herb's next time. The bottom is 1/4" exterior grade plywood scrafed together with 1x4 cedar strips for a keel. I will use a butt joint next time. I glassed the bottom outside edge per Herb's suggestion. The next one I am going to widen to 24" at the bottom and 32 or 34 at the top so I can stand.

Hydrophillic

Feb 11, 2011
Ron,

I have some pictures of the build but I really do not know how to post them here. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be glad to share.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Here are a couple and then one more under my post , that is the one most of the guys like.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1032

Just remember................
The BIG Pictures really hurt the guys with dial up. If anyone wants to post pictures then please do so but take into consideration the ones on here with dial up......... there are quite of a lot of them.

I am one of them when my high speed takes a nose dive and I have to use dial up. Yep ... I have both and I really hate the e-mail from the dial up folks fussing about the over sized pictures.

If the pictures would be keep at 3x5 or at the most 5x7 then it will not be a problem for any of us , high speed or dial up.

If you have posted over sized pictures ..... Please re-size them before posting so everyone can enjoy them. We need to think about everyone on here not just what we are doing or use to but what the rest of the members are doing with there web connections.

If this does not work and no one is reading this then the oversize pictures will be gone and a e-mail will be sent to the publisher about the reason they are not there. I Think we all need to share information , especially pictures and if the dial up folks can't see them then we are not sharing.