A easy and inexpensive way to store your boats | SouthernPaddler.com

A easy and inexpensive way to store your boats

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Here is a easy and inexpensive way to store your boats , I have the pirogue , the canoe and a kayak stored this way.

The quick release system.
pvc%20001.jpg

The other end of the same pipe........
pvc%20002.jpg

A close up of the release system . one eye bolt and a quick clip ( spring clip ) with a 1/4 inch eye bolt and a couple of washers to spread the load over the area. The PVC pipe is the 1 1/4 inch thick walled one.
pvc%20003.jpg

Ran the line up and around the beam in the roof and then over to the other side and down to the spring clip.
pvc%20004.jpg

The finished set up for storing your boat.
pvc%20005.jpg

Chuck.

rhutchinson

Jan 18, 2008
Middle Tn.
As a side thought, what do you do to keep wasps, and dirt daubers out of it? Flordia has to be as bad as Tn. about them building everywhere.

Nice simple job. Thanks .

Richard

rhutchinson

Jan 18, 2008
Middle Tn.
If I were going to take the boat in the picture down in June or later before I touched it I would ck. up in the very point of the bow and stern as well as inside both pipes. The dirt daubers arent much of a problem except they stop up everything so if it's suppose to have something flowing thru it etc. it won't (I figure if you take to long doing your business in the woods your going to have a problem :lol: ) The 'paper wasps' are another story. They build in cardboard boxes folded shut, in every open ended pipe, eves, rafters, window casings inside and out etc.
I try to do a complete spraying in the spring everywhere they are likely to build, but always miss bunches of places.

Richard

WDfrmTN

rhutchinson said:
If I were going to take the boat in the picture down in June or later before I touched it I would ck. up in the very point of the bow and stern as well as inside both pipes. The dirt daubers arent much of a problem except they stop up everything so if it's suppose to have something flowing thru it etc. it won't (I figure if you take to long doing your business in the woods your going to have a problem :lol: ) The 'paper wasps' are another story. They build in cardboard boxes folded shut, in every open ended pipe, eves, rafters, window casings inside and out etc.
I try to do a complete spraying in the spring everywhere they are likely to build, but always miss bunches of places.

Richard
Ditto! Those wasps love clothesline poles, car/truck door jambs, under tractor hoods...I fight 'em every year!