.22 cal air rifle | SouthernPaddler.com

.22 cal air rifle

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend 'n Buddy of Bear,

I dont think so. There are some cheap ones made in Korea 'n in the Philipines, but if ya jest aint ready ta come off that dough, I figger ya mite look at James' airguns.

http://www.funsupply.com/

Hiz Chinese guns are purty good quality. The B22 is one like my RWS 48 in .22 except it haz a purtier stock. I know a heap a folks are happy with theirs. Tell him I sent ya 'n he mite knock some money off....'er mebbe charge ya extra. :mrgreen:

The target part worries me. Bunnies 'n squirrels will drop, but if ya aim ta put 'em in one hole at 25 yards, we need ta talk some more.

Wally World carries some, but without a tune, I never heard of any of 'em bein' "target" guns. Most people who git a tune, dont buy a cheap gun. I dont figger ya kin have a real target gun without a trigger job. Even my rimfire Slavia 452 needed a trigger job.

I got a Slavia 631 in .177 that is a fine target gun if yer eyes aint bad like mine. [It dont take much ta whack a bunny.....but it does fer a red squirrel.] I had truble mountin' a scope on my 631. It come with a lube tune fer bout $112. Slavia quit makin' the 631, but they mite a started back.

regards,

bearridge

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Use a 12 or 20 gage shotgun for the near sighted....
brings um down in any weather....
use single shot fer sport....
double barrel fer dinner....

6-8 shot shell....

swampy
Have Shotgun Will Travel

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Got a H&R 12 gauge with shortened barrel. (to the legal limit) I knocked the muzzle on the blind once and ended the hunt without a shot. Deer seem to know the sound of a gun striking wood. I have gotten turkeys with the shortened barrel. My other is a Mossberg 12 gauge. Rather than target, I probably shoud have said plinking. While I was the battalion machine gun instructor, I never did qualify any better than sharpshooter with the rifle and expert with the .45. 6 black powder rifles, 2 blackpowder pistols, 2 shotguns and a Ruger 10/22 so I figured I needed an air rifle in case the bows didn't work.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend & Bear's Buddy,

Shotgun shells put a lotta lead in the meat. A pellet iz quiet 'n dont mess it up. If ya aim ta eat a dove, I figger a head shot with a pellet beats #8 anyday. Shootin' 'em on the fly iz more of a game than huntin' fer food.

Plinkin' iz a mitey fine way ta spend an afternoon. Pellet gun plinkin' iz legal in most towns, but ya better be sho 'n ya better make sho ya dont miss 'n hit somethin' ya dont mean ta hit. I seen railroad tie backstops, dirt mounds, big pellet traps made outta steel, 'n other kinds. If ya shoot yer neighbors (or their windows), it will likely mean truble.

Warnin': Airguns aint no different than homemade boats. Once ya git started, ya gwine ta git a better one. Next thing its "hi, my name is bearridge, I got a powerful hankerin' fer airguns".

Ya will likely save yerself some dough if ya buy a purty nice one rite off.

I reckon ya seen this iz the first time I stayed on a topic frum top ta bottom? :mrgreen:

regards,

bearridge
bodine shootin' clud

P.S. Some of my Yankee pals set up ta shoot 'em indoors tween the equalnoxes. :wink:

I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you done to Ned. William Munney

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
The quiet and indoor use were the factors that led me to consider an air rifle. The .22 sounds like a better choice for hunting. A pellet trap would allow me to do something in the garage when its too cold for epoxy.

High 40
Low 28

Lots of walleye fishermen out on the ice.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Bear's Buddy,

Below iz the link ta the Airgun forum. Ask a question 'n Ole Russ Best will give ya some mitey fine advice. There iz more airgun wisdom there than a grown man kin stand.

I know Harvey up in Minnesota shoots indoors, mostly airgun pistol, but ya jest mite enjoy the chatter. Airgun folk iz near bout the strangest "group" I ever heard of 'er seen. :wink:

I have a Beeman P-1 which iz a boss hog diddy wah diddy of airgun pistols, in .20 caliber.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537

regards,

bearridge

The more you observe politics, the more you've got to admit that each party is worse than the other. Will Rogers

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I use to hunt with a 22 Crossman ( (1950 ) but now days I am punching holes in cardboard with a new Benjamin 177 and telescopic sights, adjustable , just for fun.

Also have the handguns of the same caliber but they are just for fun and pure He&& on beer cans placed out in the back yard.

Yes , I do take one of them with me on camping trips but I also take a Mag with me .......... One for fun and one for idiots, will not say which is which about the caliber.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are some things ..best not said.......... :wink:

Chuck.

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Done sprung for two Chinese made pellet puffers in .177 cal. At 19.99 each I was pleased that the rifle shoots about 900 fps (the pistol shoots pellets I can outrun if I remember to use my cane). :lol: Funnzies poking holes in the paper targets in the garage... Not suitable for hunting obviously.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
BEARS BUDDY said:
Funnzies poking holes in the paper targets in the garage... Not suitable for hunting obviously.
Friend Gerry,

I whack surly red tree rats with a .177 that dont give much over 600 fps. Ya gotta put the pellet in the rite spot, but with a good Swift scope, squirrels fall purty reglar round here. A .22 'n that much power will put a lot more hurt on 'em.

regards,
bearridge
bodine rod 'n gun club

P.S. I kin point ya to some swell on line targets if ya like.

There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result. Winston Churchill

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
bearridge said:
BEARS BUDDY said:
Funnzies poking holes in the paper targets in the garage... Not suitable for hunting obviously.

regards,
bearridge
bodine rod 'n gun club

Gerry.... I would look out and double check those targets , if you have to on line it is my guess it would be pure HE*% on your computers monitor when you shoot at them. Especially if you are a good shot and hit what you shoot at. :lol:

Chuck.

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
oldsparkey said:
bearridge said:
BEARS BUDDY said:

bearridge
bodine rod 'n gun club

Gerry.... I would look out and double check those targets , if you have to on line it is my guess it would be pure HE*% on your computers monitor when you shoot at them. Especially if you are a good shot and hit what you shoot at. :lol:

Chuck.
WowChuck's right -- No muzzle flash. This is the first time I ever seen a target flash when hit (other than NVA targets).

bearridge--where's them targets? Don't tell Chuck he should print them and shoot at the prints. He's keeping a whole factory going building replacement computer monitors. :mrgreen:

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
oldsparkey said:
Kayak Jack said:
GERRY! Caution. Don't shoot directly at the target pictures on your computer screen. First - print them out.

Then tape them up onto your screen.

Jack
Double sided tape or single side tape :?: I want to make sure I do it just like ole Bear would do , He's My Hero. :wink:

Chuckles

Chuckles: I understand bearridge taught you how to swim! :roll:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Gerry,

Enjoy.

http://reloadbench.com/pdf.html

I have more 'n will add 'em when I find 'em. How iz it in Bay City? Round yer house?

regards,
bearridge
shade tree medikle clinik
money back guarantee "if we git yer money, we guarantee ya wont git it back"

Liberals have invented whole college majors---psychology, sociology, women’s studies---to prove that nothing is anybody’s fault. P.J. O’Rourke

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Tom,

Thanks. I wuz jest treadin' water. :wink:

regards,
bearridge
bodine toy gun society

Fools rush in where fools have been before. Unknown

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Tom
Bought me a genuine China made .177 cal pellet rifle at one of them traveling tool sales. Nice rifle, verryyy stiff trigger. Also got a pistol of the same manufacturer. Purty nice for $20 each. Keeps the cat away from the bird feeder.